Labour and Employment
AMJ’s dedicated labour and employment practice provides a range of legal services for national, regional and international employers in all sectors and for the entire life cycle of the employment relationship. Our specialist lawyers have considerable experience advising clients on all aspects of Omani labour and employment law and practice as well as immigration, residency and social security rules and regulations.
We represent companies and employees before the various tiers of the Omani courts and tribunals in respect of disputes arising from the employee-employee relationship. The labour and employment group provide support to our commerical and corporate teams on employment issues relevant to company formation and transfer of employees as part of a corporate acquisition or restructuring.
Our expertise includes:-
- Contract documentation: drafting and negotiation of offer letters, employment contracts, service agreements for key executives, employee handbooks, disciplinary procedures and letters of termination.
- Transactional: advising on employment aspects of commercial transactions, such as transfers of employees in the course of corporate mergers and acquisitions advice.
- Regulatory: advising on the Oman Ministry of Manpower regulations, Immigration and Residency rules and procedures, employee contract and registration formalities, entitlements, formation of employee representative committees and trade associations, HSE requirements statutory end of service benefits and termination.
- Benefit schemes and incentivisation: advising on the creation and management of all forms of staff benefit and incentivisation schemes, including employee share option plans and provident funds.
- Dispute resolution: representing employers and employees in respect of workplace disputes, redundancies and unfair dismissal, protection of confidential information, boardroom disputes, transfer of undertakings and regulatory issues.