Bars and Courts
New York State Bar, First Department
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.), Specialisation in Securities Regulation, 2009
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Majoring in Social Science (Economics), 2006
T: + 968 2481 4466
F: + 968 2481 2256
Corporate Governance and Directors’ Duties
Mergers and Acquisitions
Abubaker Abudayyeh is an associate in AMJ’s Banking and Finance Team dealing primarily with the perfection of securities and advising clients in the proper procedure for the registration of security interests in Oman. He has a strong background in US and EU securities regulation and issues of corporate governance and has experience negotiating and dealing with a wide variety of financial institutions and regulators. Prior to joining AMJ Abubaker was part of the corporate finance, debt capital markets and corporate litigation teams at Norton Rose LLP in London.
Representative transactions include:
- Advising Omani finance companies in determining their compliance liabilities under the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act specifically as it relates to know-your-customer procedures and retention of US sourced assets.
- Producing in-depth guidance for international clients on the environmental and hazardous waste ordinances, regulations, and permit requirements applicable to the shipping sector.
- Acting on behalf of a GCC banking organisation in relation to the syndicated financing of US$ 125 million of an Omani holding company.
Representative transactions prior to joining AMJ include:
- Advising the head of a top global banking organization on issues of compliance and directorial duties in relation to a long running and highly publicized FSA Investigation.
- Advising on and administering the acquisition of an international leasing and insurance company by a major European car manufacturer in a transaction spanning 8 jurisdictions and valued at over US$ 900 million in assets.
- Assisting and guiding major international corporate clients in the oil and gas, mining and engineering sector undergoing internal compliance on the procedures and practices mandated by the Bribery Act and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.