- University of Cardiff LLB, 2010
Amira Al Lawati
T: + 968 24814 227
F: + 968 2481 2256
Banking and finance
Amira Al Lawati is an associate in the Banking & Finance team. She has a broad range of experience in drafting and reviewing commercial agreements and handling the registration of securities and commercial mortgages with Muscat Clearing and Depository Company and the Ministry of Commerce and Industry respectively.
Amira’s field of specialisation is telecom regulation. Prior to joining AMJ in 2016, Amira practiced as a legal specialist with Oman’s Telecommunications Regulatory Authority, where she was involved in drafting key regulations and advising on a range of telecom regulatory issues. Examples of these include:
- Drafting rules and procedures regulating the provision of Access and Interconnection services in the Sultanate;
- Drafting rules and procedures regulating provision of passive infrastructure to enable non-telecom service providers to lease their passive telecom infrastructure to licensed telecom operators
- Advising on amendments to the Telecom Act and Licensing Framework
- Advising on development of a competition framework
- Drafting licensing agreements between commercial companies.