Bars and Courts
England and Wales 2003
British Virgin Islands 2012
University of Lancaster
College of Law, York
T: +968 2481 4466
F: +968 2481 2256
Banking and finance
Andrew is a senior associate in AMJ’s banking and finance team and has extensive corporate lending and finance experience specialising in trade, acquisition and property financings, and has also worked on a wide number of asset, project and Islamic finance transactions.
Prior to joining AMJ in 2016, Andrew practised in London, Moscow and the British Virgin Islands, at major international law firms. He has particular experience of Eastern European and in particular the Russian and CIS markets having acted on a wide range of Russian, CIS and wider CEE transactions during his 10 years of practice in the region.
Andrew is recognised by Chambers Global and has twice led transactions that have been awarded Deal of the Year by Trade Finance Magazine.
Representative transactions include:
- Advising the finance parties in relation to their US$1.579 billion financing for the construction, operation and maintenance of two high efficiency combined cycle gas fired power generation facilities located at Ibri and Sohar.
- Advising the sponsors in relation to the financing for the, design, engineering, operation and maintenance of a desalination plant located in the Sohar Industrial Port Zone.
- Advising the finance parties in relation to their OMR37,000,000 leveraged management buy-out in Oman Investment Corporation SAOC
Representative transactions prior to joining AMJ include:
- Advising a major Russian bank on a US$2 billion financing for the leveraged acquisition of a group of companies involved in coal-mining and processing.
- Advised Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited (SNGPL), a public listed company on a syndicated loan facility worth 10 billion PKR by means of conventional as well as Islamic modes of financing.
- Acting for a syndicate of banks arranged by VTB and Raiffeisenbank on a US$250m pre-export financing for a well-known oil production company located in Russia’s Komi Republic.
- Acting for an ABN Amro led syndicate on split US$5.45bn facilities to Gazpromneft.
- Acting for Mechel in connection with a US$2.6bn refinancing of a loan portfolio for the acquisition of Yakutugol and Oriel Resources Ltd