Bars and Courts
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales, 2002
- Solicitor of the High Court of Bombay, 1999
- Advocate Bar Council of Maharashtra & Goa, 1997
- University of Bombay, Bachelor of Laws, 1996
- University of Bombay, Bachelor of Commerce, 1993
T: + 968 2482 9249
F: + 968 2481 2256
Corporate finance and structuring
Mergers and acquisitions
Ardeshir is a UK-qualified solicitor and partner in AMJ where he heads the firm’s corporate and capital markets team. Ardeshir specialises in corporate finance advising project companies, global investment banks, financial advisers, issuers, and shareholders on capital markets transactions in Oman including many high profile IPOs, privatisations, follow-on offerings and rights offerings. He has considerable experience in the following sectors: banking and finance, power and water, infrastructure, oil and gas, petrochemicals, and manufacturing.
Ardeshir has played a major role in many of Oman’s innovative and challenging transactions over the past nine years. He is recognised for his in-depth knowledge of Oman’s commercial, legislative and regulatory frameworks, attention to detail and highly-developed work ethic. He entered the global legal rankings in 2011 as a leading associate and ‘one to watch’ for his corporate finance work.
Ardeshir works closely with clients to structure transactions at the outset to fulfil the client’s strategic and commercial objectives. Clients praise him for his responsiveness and commitment to provide an exceptional service as well as technical expertise. Ardeshir is also a solicitor of the High Court of Mumbai where he practiced as a partner in Maneksha & Sethna (Solicitors) prior to joining AMJ in 2004.
Representative transactions include:
- Advising the promoters of Al Izz Islamic Bank in the OMR100 million greenfield IPO of Oman’s second Islamic bank, with OMR 40 million being raised from the public;
- Acting on behalf of the majority group shareholders of Oman International Bank SAOG in connection with the merger of the bank with the Oman branch of HSBC Bank Middle East Ltd. (HSBC ME) an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc;
- Representing Oman’s National Gas Co. SAOG in its maiden cross-border acquisition transaction, involving the purchase of Shell Malaysia’s natural gas distribution business in Malaysia;
- Advising Jindal Steel & Power Limited in its US$464 million acquisition of Shadeed Iron & Steel LLC from the Al Ghaith Group.