Bars and Courts
Member Punjab Bar Council (2007)
Member Honorable Society of Lincoln’s Inn (2007)
LLM, The City University, UK (2012)
Lincoln’s Inn, UK (called to the Bar in 2007)
University of London (LLB Hons) (2006)
T: +968 2481 4466
F: +968 2481 2256
Armughan is an associate in AMJ’s Corporate/Commercial department and has over 7 years’ experience advising clients on capital market and general corporate and commercial transactions in Pakistan and Oman. Armughan advises on Omani corporate and commercial law and practice with a particular focus on merger and acquisitions and corporate restructuring.
Prior to joining AMJ, Armughan worked as a senior counsel in the Corporate and Capital Markets teams of Surridge & Beecheno, Pakistan. He is qualified both as a barrister of England and Wales and as an advocate of the High Courts of Pakistan.
Representative transactions at AMJ include:
- Advising a company based in Luxemburg on the sale of its 70% shareholding in a limited liability company based in Oman with an enterprise value of US$250 million.
- Advising TAV İŞLETME HİZMETLERİ A.Ş a Turkish company on the concession agreement for constructing a new terminal building at Muscat International Airport.
- Advising a foreign company on establishing a branch office in Oman for the execution of a contract with the Government of Oman.
Representative transactions prior to joining AMJ include:
- Advised China Iron and Steel Association (CISA) in relation to Antidumping under the laws of Pakistan including representations before National Tariff Commission in connection with anti-dumping proceedings initiated against CISA.
- Advised Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited (SNGPL), a public listed company on a syndicated loan facility worth 10 billion PKR by means of conventional as well as Islamic modes of financing.
- Advised Jiangxi Copper Consortium in relation to a mining project for the Aynak copper deposit involving the drafting and negotiating of contracts with the Government of Afghanistan
- Advised various companies including Accenture PTE, SEPCOI Electric Power Construction, Babcox and Wilcox, Consistel PTE, NVsion Czech Republic a.s, J .C. Penney, Stronics Jomax Investment Limited on establishing a presence in Pakistan and/or with Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan and liaising with government agencies on their behalf