Bars and Courts
- Called to the Bar of England and Wales 1983
- Admitted to Law Society of England and Wales 1991
- Kings College School, Wimbledon
- University of Buckingham, LLB, 1982
London School of Economics, LLM, 1984
T: + 968 2481 4466
F: + 968 2481 2256
Faiz Khan is a UK-qualified barrister and a solicitor with over 10 years Oman experience as a senior associate in the firm’s Corporate/ Commercial practice and a member of the firm’s labour and employment group. He has significant expertise in company formation, drafting and negotiating shareholders agreements, sale and purchase agreements, joint ventures, securities documentation and other contractual documentation. He advises foreign investors on all aspects of establishing and running businesses in the Sultanate of Oman as well as domestic and international institutions and companies on commercial law and practice in both the contentious and non-contentious fields, across a broad spectrum of sectors including intellectual property and employment.
Faiz has a keen interest in mentoring young lawyers and delivering seminars and workshops in his niche area both in-house and for client organisations.
Prior to commencing legal practice, Faiz worked in an International Bank in the United Kingdom dealing primarily with client accounts, investments and placements of funds.
Representative transactions include:
- Engaged by leading Hotel chain to establish and incorporate 100% foreign owned presence in Oman and to advise on all related issues with management of the Company;
- Engaged by a leading Oil company in respect to acquisition of shares in Foreign Company of a value in excess of $ 71 million
- Engaged to negotiate and conclude contract for national registration system in Oman.
- Engaged by Foreign and Domestic Investors to set up Project Companies in several sectors including Aluminium Plants, Fertiliser factories and Steel industries.