Bars and Courts
Member, Egyptian Bar Association
- Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indiana University,
Master of Laws in International and Comparative Law, 2012-2013
- Université Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne,
Maîtrise en Droit des Affaires, 2006-2010
Hussein M. Azmy
T: + 968 24814466
F: + 968 24812256
Mergers and Acquisitions
Hussein is an associate in AMJ’s Corporate and Capital Markets team. He has a broad range of experience of corporate and commercial laws with a particular focus on mergers and acquisitions, business partnerships, foreign investment and Islamic finance. Hussein has advised high-profile international clients in the MENA region on the structuring, operation and termination of their investments and commercial engagements in the region, as well as on corporate compliance issues.
Prior to joining AMJ in January 2015, Hussein practiced in Crowell & Moring LLP’s Cairo office where he gained considerable regional experience and comparative legal knowledge of the MENA region’s corporate, commercial and investment laws and regulations.
Representative transactions include:
- Advising a major Saudi financial institution on the structuring, documentation and licensing of Shariah-compliant derivatives in Saudi Arabia.
- Advising Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank in connection with the structuring and documentation of a first-of-its kind syndicated ijarah muntahia bittamleek facility in Egypt, valued at more than USD 150 million.
- Advising a major national private investment bank on the setting-up, management and corporate compliance of real estate investment trusts in Egypt.
- Advising ADIB Capital in connection with the structuring and documentation of a revolving Mudarabah facility valued at USD 20 million.
- Advising Spraying Systems Co. on the setting-up and corporate compliance of several subsidiaries across the MENA and West-Africa regions.
- Chapter 7: Egypt: The Islamic Finance Industry’s Growth, Challenges, and Legal Framework, the Islamic Finance Handbook: A Practitioner’s Guide to the Global Markets, John Wiley & Sons Singapore Pte Ltd.
- Islamic syndicated finance in Egypt: A flourishing industry in spite of the legislative vacuum, Islamic Finance News, Vol. 11, Issue 8.
- An Examination of the Particularities of Corporate Governance of Islamic Financial Institutions in the Egyptian Market, Islamic Finance News, Vol. 11, Issue 30.
- LexisNexis Middle East Practical Guidance: Egyptian Public Procurement Law 2013, LexisNexis Practical Guidance Service.
- LexisNexis Middle East Practical Guidance: Egyptian Companies Law 2014, LexisNexis Practical Guidance Service.