Bars and Courts
- England and Wales, 1997
- Scotland, 2005
- Master of Arts, University of Edinburgh, UK, 1988
- Diploma in Law, College of Law, UK 1995
T: + 968 2481 4466
F: + 968 2481 2256
Banking and finance
Leveraged and acquisition finance
Marcus heads AMJ’s banking and finance team and is a highly regarded practitioner who has extensive experience in projects, international bank financing, syndicated lending (including acquisition finance), trade and ECA-backed finance, real estate finance restructurings and bank financed limited recourse transactions. His clients include leading international banks, financial institutions and agencies as well as sponsors and project companies in sectors such as as power, petrochemicals, oil and gas, transport and infrastructure. He has been involved in numerous multi-sourced financings including Islamic financings, multi-laterals, governmental agencies, ECAs and commercial banks.
Marcus is ranked in leading global legal directories as ‘an active finance lawyer who enjoys widespread respect from peers’ (Chambers Global, 2013)
Prior to joining AMJ in 2006, Marcus worked as a solicitor in leading law firms in England and Scotland. Marcus conducts seminars and publishes articles on banking and finance topics on behalf of AMJ.
Representative transactions include:
- Acting on a $ 65,000,000 multi-party cross-border re-financing of leading Omani company
- Advising consortium of banks in relation to $300,000,000 restructuring of facilities for major infrastructure project
- Acting for a consortium of lenders in relation to the grant of a $ 250,000,000 facility