Bars and Courts
- Member Punjab Bar Council (2010)
- Member Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn (2007)
- Lincoln’s Inn, UK (called to the Bar in 2007)
- University of London (LLB Hons) (2006)
- Government College University Lahore (Roll of Honour)(2003)
Mir Nasar Ahmad
T: + 968 2481 4466
F: + 968 2481 2256
Mergers & Acquisitions
Nasar is an associate in the Capital Markets, Mergers & Acquisitions Team and has a broad range of experience in a corporate commercial work with a particular focus on mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Ahmad’s experience also includes advising clients on public offering of shares in the Muscat Securities Market and corporate governance issues.
Representative transactions include:
- Advising Qatar based QInvest on Omani law matters in relation to its US$ 250 million acquisition of 60% shares in EFG Hermes, a Middle Eastern investment bank.
- Advising a Saudi Arabian company on the proposed acquisition of a stake in ACWA Power Barka SAOG.
- Advising the founding shareholders of Sharqiyah Desalination Company SAOC on the public offering of 35% of its issued share capital on the Muscat Securities Market.
- Assisting on regulatory matters in relation to the incorporation and initial public offering of one of Oman’s first Islamic bank, Al Izz Islamic Bank.
- Advising MB Holding Company on corporate, regulatory and land transfer matters its acquisition of the Park Inn Hotel, Muscat.
- Advising an foreign insurance company operating through a branch office in Oman on establishment of new company and transfer to it of its business operations.
- Advising foreing financial institutions and investment banks (including Goldman Sachs) on Omani law matters in relation to its proposed transactions.
Mir’s representative transactions prior to joining AMJ include:
Prior to joining AMJ in 2012, Mr. Ahmad practiced in Orr, Dignam & Co, one of the oldest and largest law firms in Pakistan.
- Advised VimpelCom Ltd. in relation to its US$ 6 billion combination with Wind Telecom S.p.A on Pakistan law matters including obtaining pre merger approval from Competition Commission of Pakistan and representing the client before the Commission in a Phase II review. This was only the second Phase II review under the new competition law regime in Pakistan.
- Advised a leading multi-national company in relation to competition law compliance by undertaking a comprehensive and detailed competition law audit of the practices of its businesses. This audit was the first of its kind in corporate law practice in Pakistan and lasted for over a year.
- Advising two aviation companies or their proposed alliance and its impact on competition law in Pakistan and obtaining relevant exemptions from the Competition Commission.
- Advised Packages Limited in relation to the acquisition of Preference Shares of Packages Limited valuing US$ 50.0 million by International Finance Corporation (IFC) including on competition law matters.
- Advised Packages Limited in relation to the divestment of its entire voting ordinary shareholding in Tetra Pak Pakistan Limited (TPPL) and the subsequent acquisition of 1.00 million Non Voting Ordinary Shares of TPPL by Packages Limited including on competition law matters.
- Advised GlaxoSmithKline plc on the acquisition of UCB S.A.’s business in Pakistan by GlaxoSmithKline Trading Services Limited.
- Advising Goldman Sachs on a proposed commodity call-option arrangement with the Government of Pakistan.
- Advising Pak Arab Refinery Company in relation to the establishment of the US $ 5 billion Khalifa Coastal Refinery by the collaboration of PARCO and the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.