Bars and Courts
Bar Council of Delhi, India, 2007
- Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago, USA, Master of Laws (Honours), 2012
- National Law University, Rajasthan, India, B.B.A. LL.B (Honours), 2006
T: + 968 24814466
F: + 968 24812256
Restructuring and Acquisitions
Sonal Parakh is an associate in AMJ’s Corporate and Capital Markets Team. She advises on Omani corporate and commercial law and practice with a particular focus on corporate restructuring. Sonal acts on behalf of domestic and international institutions and companies across a broad spectrum of sectors in connection with general corporate advisory matters including acquisitions, liquidation, joint venture, board and general meetings, company formation, taxation, corporate governance issues and regulatory matters.
Before joining AMJ in 2013, Sonal worked as research-cum-teaching assistant to Prof. Karl E. Lutz, Senior Lecturer, Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago, USA.
Prior to the same, she was an associate at Juris Corp, a law firm based in Mumbai, where she assisted on to real estate and structured finance tranactions. She has also worked at ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Ltd, Mumbai as manager, corporate legal group in the commercial contracts team and at Supreme Court of India, New Delhi as law clerk-cum-research assistant to Justice Dalveer Bhandari.
Representative transactions include:
- Preparing an in-depth study on the restructuring of the Port Services Corporation SAOG upon the expiry of the concession agreement for the management and operation of Port Sultan Qaboos.
- Advising and assisting Yahya Group on the restructuring of its business interests held in limited liability companies into a holding company structure. Advising on the law and procedures for the formation of the holding company under Omani law with a capital contribution “in kind” through the transfer of shares held by the founders of the holding company in three group companies.
- Advising American Express Limited in connection with a legal due diligence exercise on Amex Al Omania LLC, an Omani limited liability company wholly owned by American Express Middle East B.S.C.